Iced Coffee Recipe

Monday 6 June 2016 |




I’ve only been a coffee lover for the last 6 months. I’m 22.

When I realised the errors of my ways I was genuinely saddened that I’d missed out on 21 and a half years of morning goodness. That being said, I tend to limit myself to one dose of caffeine a day in a bid to keep anxiety at bay.
Now just because it’s summer and I don’t fancy a hot bevvy in 25 degree heat, why should I deny myself my coffee rights? The good news is this recipe for iced coffee is outrageously simple, costs nothing if you already have coffee grounds, and perfect for a coffee on the go. Can be enjoyed come rain or shine (but best enjoyed on a warm, sunny day because I’m just happier then anyway). Once you have this recipe in your life, you’ll have no excuse to spend all of your pennies on Starbucks…

All you need is:

·         Coffee grounds
·         A sieve or coffee filter paper
·         Ice


1.    Firstly, place your usual amount of coffee into a mason jar (or, if you’re making a batch, double, triple etc as needed) and fill the mason jar about 2/3 full with cold water

2.    Place a lid on and leave for at least 12 hours (though overnight is best) in the fridge

3.    Once it’s out of the fridge you’ll want to give it a stir

4.    To remove any grit that might be undissolved, simply pour the mixture through either coffee filter paper if you’re feeling fancy or a fine sieve- I use a sieve and it works just fine

5.    Then throw in plenty of ice and add the milk of your choice- or go hard-core and enjoy it black.

Soon you’ll be laughing in Starbuck’s faces!


(This ace recipe is courtesy of the New York Times)

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me